The Business Council of the Vistula School of Hospitality is an advisory body whose aim is to support the university in all the tasks related to its scientific and educational development, in particular, by suggesting directions of its business activity, initiating joint projects, as well as creating the image and popularizing the initiatives undertaken by the Council the socio-economic environment.
Composition of the Business Council:
- Aida Bella, Director of Communications & PR Office, Spokesperson, Totalizator Sportowy Sp. z o.o.
- Edyta Brykała, Owner of Level +
- Marta Chmielewska, President of the Board, Events Industry Association, President of the Mea Group
- Joanna Gorczyca, Director for Prevention and CSR, PZU SA / PZU Życie SA
- Grażyna Grot-Duziak, Meetings & Incentives Director for Central Europe, Weco-Travel Services Sp. z o.o., President of the Board, SITE Poland
- Andrzej Hulewicz, Vice President of Mazurkas Travel
- Aleksandra Komosińska, HR Hotel Bristol, A Luxury Collection Hotel
- Magdalena Kondas, Editor-in-Chief of Meeting Planner
- Olga Krzemińska-Zasadzka, CEO Power Agency, President of the Board, Polish Association of Incentive Travel Organisers
- Paweł Lewtak, General Director, Polonia Palace Hotel, Board Member of Syrena Hotels Group
- Emilia Melon-Olchowicz, Owner of Melon Catering
- Davide Odella, Board Member, Expo XXI Warsaw
- Izabela Stelmańska, Deputy Director of the Department of Culture, Promotion and Tourism, Marshal’s Office of the Mazowieckie Voivodship in Warsaw
- Karolina Stępniak, Editor-in-Chief of Świat Hoteli, horecanet.pl, Publishing Director, co-owner of Brog B2B
- Bartłomiej Szmajdziński, Director of Talent Management and Organizational Culture, ORBIS S.A.
- Barbara Tutak, President of the Board, Warsaw Tourism Organization
- Ireneusz Węgłowski, President of the Polish Hotel Industry Chamber of Commerce, Vice President of the Orbis Hotel Group
- Cezary Wilemajtys, President of the Board, SITE Poland and United Partners
- Anna Woda, Deputy Manager, Copernicus Science Center
- Dariusz Wojtal, Vice President of the Polish Chamber of Tourism
The Business Council is chaired by Magdalena Kondas, Editor-in-Chief of the Meeting Planner.
The tasks of the Business Council include in particular:
- Consultancy in the evaluation of educational programs of higher education, post-graduate studies and training courses,
- Organisation and co-organization of short forms of teaching which provide a possibility of gaining qualifications in-demand on the labour market, including postgraduate studies and training courses,
- Acquisition of strategic, business and the media partners for each speciality carried out at the Vistula School of Hospitality,
- The organisation of internships for students of the Vistula School of Hospitality,
- Awarding prizes for the best thesis or research report,
- Commissioning research topics and providing support in the implementation of research projects of the Vistula School of Hospitality,
- Providing organisational and scientific support in the organisation of conferences and seminars as well as scientific publications of the Vistula School of Hospitality,
- Promoting the transfer of knowledge between the Vistula School of Hospitality and the socio-economic environment, including enterprises, state organisations and local governments and research institutions,
- Developing platforms for the exchange of academic and business opinions,
- Initiating new forms of cooperation between members of the Council and the Vistula School of Hospitality.