The Vistula School of Hospitality (formerly the Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management) is a university guided by the idea of social responsibility and putting this into practice. An example of such an approach is the project entitled “U3elnia Warszawsko-Bieliński Uniwersytet Trzeciego Wieku”, implemented jointly with the Optimum Pareto foundation and the Bieliny municipality.
The project is a response to the progressive ageing of the Polish society, which has considerable social and economic implications. By creating an educational offer addressed to seniors, the Vistula School of Hospitality wants to contribute to their activation and integration with the society which is an important factor influencing the quality of their life and well-being as well as the well-being of entire communities.
The project was appreciated and co-financed from the European Union to the amount of 968 479.20 PLN.
U3elnia serves to implement the objectives of the Knowledge Education Development Operational Program aimed at raising the competences of people participating in higher education, corresponding to the needs of the economy, the labour market and society.
The project will involve 160 seniors, including 100 women:
- over 60 years of age;
- coming from rural and urban areas;
- professionally inactive;
- interested in raising their competences both in their private and professional life.
Participants will take part in courses, training and summer schools, thanks to which they will develop competences allowing for:
- social and professional activation;
- broadening general and specialist knowledge;
- developing interests;
- stimulating educational and cultural activity.
This goal will be achieved through the implementation of intermediate goals:
- development of 6 education programs including training and teaching
- implementation of 6 didactic activities in the form of courses and training based on the above-mentioned materials.
The program includes the following elements:
- implementation of a workshop and seminar module. Senior lifestyle;
- implementation of a workshop and seminar module in the field of information and communication technologies and entrepreneurship in the life of a senior;
- implementation of a workshop and seminar module. Historical and cultural heritage in the life of a senior;
- summer school – Bieliny and Warsaw;
- summer school – Ogonki.
Project implementation period: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2020
Deklaracja uczestnictwa – POBIERZ
Kwestionariusz osobowy – POBIERZ
Oświadczenie uczestnika projektu – POBIERZ
Regulamin – POBIERZ
Umowa szkoleniowa z uczestnikiem – POBIERZ